If you’re new to this whole bottom-up approach to media & marketing, you’re very behind the curve. But, not to worry, there are plenty of ways to catch up.
Below are my recommended blogs that every marketer should follow:
- Jackie & Ben, authors of Citizen Marketers & Creating Customer Evangelists, also founded the Society for Word of Mouth.
- Media theorist, documentary filmmaker, and author of several books on bottom-up media and how to reclaim what was lost in the Dark Ages (power to the people). His new book, Life, Inc., will be released this summer. His book, Get Back in the Box, changed my life.
- Author and speaker who has called marketers liars and has asked people to join tribes and lead the way in markets. This is truly daily inspiration.
- Brian Solís, founder of FutureWorks, a PR & new media agency, is a thought leader in the new media & technology realm. He and Jess3 created the Conversation Prism, a beautiful graphic charting the social media space.
- Charlene & Josh, authors of the book with the same title, come to us from Forrester Research. They pioneered a new era combining data, research models, and new media.
There are many more, but these should give you a good start. There’s much more to it than just tweeting, facebooking, and YouTubin’. Standards exist. Learn them and live them.